Axis Wake Research was founded on one simple principle – Listen to your market. In 2007, when the inboard boat market was at its prime, the Malibu dealer network and its customers saw that an important segment of the market was being left behind. Malibu knew this was a critical issue that must be addressed, so we created a team to lead the charge.
That segment was the family that wanted to be on the water with a great looking, great performing boat, but did not want or need the advanced electronics and cosmetic “bling” found in the high-end boats of the day. These families were left with little choice for a stylish and proper performing boat in the entry-level sector. However, Malibu Boats knew that what the customers and dealer network were saying was indeed a critical issue that must be addressed. Thus, Malibu created a team to lead the charge in making a boat that would address this need and reach beyond anyone’s expectations for delivering a boat and brand that redefines what is possible. Since then, and due to Axis’ relentless focus on the sport, quality, and price management, the inboard boat industry now has a boat brand that brings legitimacy and a cool-factor to the price-conscious customer. Axis Wake Research has truly changed the entire industry by way of redefining what’s possible in boat design, maintaining a tireless focus towards user-driven feature development, and by proving that pro-caliber style can coincide with entry-level price!
- A22 released January, 2009
- A20 released July, 2010
- Axis launches its brand and 2nd production facility in Australia with the A22 in April, 2010
- Axis Wins WSIA “Innovation Of The Year” September, 2010
- Vandall Edition released July, 2009
- RECON Edition released September, 2012
- Axis signs a long term partnership with Liquid Force May, 2012
- Axis becomes the 5th largest inboard boat brand in the world, according to Statistical Survey Data, June, 2012
- Axis completes construction of its 1000th boat August, 2012